Saturday, August 27, 2011

A ripple


My voice
Another whisper
In an overly crowded room
Dampened its pitch
It's amplitude
Overpowered by screams
Lost somewhere along
Unfulfilled promises
And broken dreams
It may go unnoticed
Among the deafening sounds
Of bombs and gunshots
And what not
It may be over shadowed by shades of crimson
The blood oozing out from endless wounds
The Ambulance sirens
And the bustle of an emergency room
It maybe drowned by howls of pain
In the silence of death
Along with the tears, shed and unshed
Who sees a ripple in a turbulent sea
Why am I writing
If there is no one to read
Am I writing for them
Or for me?
I am just another selfish human being
Wrestling with my conscience
And giving in to my routine
Disguising my helplessness
My callousness
And calling it poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment